Friday 22 July 2016

It's almost done!

Not much blogging has been going on due to some extensive 'building work',  or this cutie: Crimple Cottage.   Odd how the small stuff always takes the longest time. 

Of course being the smallest made it the fiddliest in every way.  Trust me, that window is tiny, and the post box even tinier.  The brick work drove me nuts,  just lining up the mask, plus I was also attempting to focus on the tennis, no easy feat when you are watching a Brit,  but he won, so I was happy. 

Then this week the heat knocked me for six, it was 34C here, way too hot.   Poor Harvey was also suffering,  we both lay on the bed, with the fan going,  my head was banging.   My flat was just so hot, and no amount of window opening helped cool it down. The worst thing was that on Wednesday I had to be up early,  just about managed it.


The cottage is at the start of Memory Lane, and sits next to Buttons and Bunting.   When I took the photo the roof still needed painting, and the chimney attaching. I did that today, but will take more photos of each property this week.

The next task, once the final property and lean to are finished, will be to create a 'lane'.    I'd like to master landscaping, so far I've just done bits and bobs, but would like to know how to make flowers, and hedgerows. 

But now I must unveil the, almost finished:

Memory Lane!   Just one more property to add, which will arrive tomorrow.  It is the posh house, the biggest in the lane, so it should keep me occupied for a while.  I'm already designing some wallpaper for it.  The last prpperty is called Marshalswick House, it fits between Daffodil Cottage and Nanna's Pantry,  the very last piece is a lean to which fits on the side of Purbeck Cottage.   I just about managed to squeeze these six on the shelf on top of the craft desk.   There are still some finishing touches,  more distressing, and those chimney pots are looking way too 'new'. 

 
 
You may write me down in history
 With your bitter, twisted lies, 
You may trod me in the very dirt
 But still, like dust, I’ll rise.

 Does my sassiness upset you?
 Why are you beset with gloom? 
‘Cause I walk like I’ve got oil wells 
Pumping in my living room.
 Just like moons and like suns, 
With the certainty of tides,
 Just like hopes springing high,
 Still I’ll rise.



That is just part of the poem: Still I'll Rise, by Maya Angelou,  one of my favourite writers.  She is always inspiring.   I often use quotes from her in my diary entries.   

This week feels like it has been so full on,  that is partly due to the heat knocking the stuffing out of me.   As I said, poor Harvey was also suffering, he didn't want to eat, and when he finally did he was sick.   He's much better now, more like his usual uppity self, and tucking in to his (and my) smoked sausage.  

On Wednesday I had my first counselling session, after a near 4 month wait my appointment finally came through.   However on Saturday I got a letter from the counselling service apologising for the long delay, and asking that if I was feeling better I could cancel!   Then on Monday the letter with my appointment arrived...  yep, made me wonder if they knew what they were doing.  Anyway I'm going to give it a go.  Wednesday was the first session, though it was more of an assessment,  and took place in a very stuffy room, ugh,  couldn't wait to get out of there back into the fresh air.  There was actually a nice cool breeze coming off the river, it was really welcome.   And today I had a hospital appointment,  I had hoped to get the results of my tests, but nope, one test result had gone missing so it has to be repeated.  Plus I have to have a scan, then next week I'm off to another hospital to have some moles looked at, then in August I have to go to another hospital about my back.  

Plus, if that weren't enough, I got some duff advice,  but think I've managed to rescue the situation, at least I hope so.  

So best get this out there. 
 
 
  

No comments:

Visitors