Monday 22 August 2016

Must be Monday...

Welcome to Snowdrop cottage!  As you can see I've been busy, wallpaper is up, flooring done, even got the door fitted.   Yes the top floor is also in good order,  as is the annexe. Just needs some furniture, maybe a few pictures on the wall?

It is easy to get carried away with these little houses,  they are so well designed, and very accurately cut. I went for floorboards for the ground floor,  not made those for a while.  And I used some canvas paper for the ceiling,  just gives a bit of texture.




Upstairs I decided to put use floor tiles.  I made the 'tiles' using Craft Artist Pro,  a bit fiddly but worth the effort.   I do need to put in another door upstairs. 









I also got round to the front.  The quions are on, those things on the sides, windows are in, and next up came the pebble dash.   Yep, it all has to be pebble dashed, but it is pretty easy,  just need to use plenty of pva glue, and not be tempted to tip off the excess too soon. 



First bits done, well half done.  Sadly the cat required feeding.   Harvey is in fusspot mode,  it usually lasts a week, then he goes back to being happy.   So I got him some fishy packs of food, they usually help the fussiness.  Had to go to a different supermarket, and it was tipping down with rain.  The things we do for our furry friends.  

And the Olympics is over,   have to wait for the ParaOlympics,  which sadly is going to be hit by some financial cuts. 

Not sure if I am going to have time for the cottage tomorrow, got a few things to do.  Just hope the heatwave doesn't get this far,  me and Harvey can't cope. 


All for now folks,  thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors